PatchKit Tools is a set of scripts that can be used to access PatchKit capabilities from the command line. With PatchKit Tools you can:
- Upload new app version
- Change any version label or changelog
- Publish new app version
The most important PatchKit tools feature is uploading & publishing newly created version at once. For this task you can use
patchkit-tools make-version command with or without parameters.
You need to have at least basic knowledge of command line (Windows) or bash (Mac OSX, Linux). If you don’t know how to work with those tools, please read the resources listed below:
- How to use the Windows command line
- How to use Terminal on Mac
- How to start Using the Linux Terminal
- Download PatchKit tools distribution for your operating system from GitHub.
- Unzip it it any suitable directory.
- (Optionally) Set up your PATH variable to point to that directory. (Windows, OSX and Linux instructions)
Upgrading from previous versions
- Remove your previous installation directory.
- Unzip newly downloaded distribution from GitHub to the same place.
Every tool is executed by
patchkit-tools script (for Windows it is
patchkit-tools [tool_name] [tool_arguments]
Displaying help and tools list
Displaying specific tool help
patchkit-tools [tool_name] --help
patchkit-tools commands have no tool for creating an application directly from the command line, so in order to create the application please follow the steps in Create the application paragraph in the Getting Started section.
Uploading application version with tools
make-version tool allows you to create a new version of your project by uploading only the diff files. It means you don’t have to upload the entirely new version of your project to PatchKit. If
make-version is executed for uploading the very first version of the project, then the whole project content will be uploaded.
patchkit-tools make-version [-s secret] [-a api_key] [-l label] [-f files] [-c changelog]
Adding new version
patchkit-tools make-version -s aa11bb22cc33dd55ee66ff77gg88hh99 -a zz99yy88xx77ww66vv55uu44tt33ss22rr11 -l “Second version” -f BuildFolder
Adding new version and assigning the changelog
patchkit-tools make-version -s aa11bb22cc33dd55ee66ff77gg88hh99 -a zz99yy88xx77ww66vv55uu44tt33ss22rr11 -l “Third version” -f BuildFolder -c "-feature 1\n-feature 2"
patchkit-tools make-version --help to learn syntax.